Re: [Vala] error on property;

Hi Alex,

Fortunately I was dealing with the same problem too.
The key is for a property, you almost always want a weak string, and
manage the string in the object. In other words, this code will be fine:

public class Info.PersonInfo {
  private string fio_;
  public weak string fio {
    get {
       fio_ = get_fio();
       return fio_;
    }
  }
  public string get_fio(){
     // bluh bluh bluh
  }
}

I have to doubt that the memory management model for non-ref-counted
objects in VALA has some problem. I always go into trouble to use the
managed strings (string without weak), ending up with either compilation
failure or garbage C code that do a lot of useless strdup.

Yu