Re: [Vala] How to get started with Vala

hi!,
Vala looks like a great solution. To move forward, however, I need a bit more info. I've looked on the Vala site, but haven't found this info. Unless I missed something obvious, you might want to put the answers to these questions in a place where newbies can find it. (Possibly the FAQ) Here goes:

1) Is there a binary download for Vala? If so, where is it?
http://live.gnome.org/Vala/Release

2) What other libraries are needed to use the core Vala? And where are they available?
Vala compiler and VAPI files (assci files). This VAPI files are the representation for a real C library. You will need that C library. For example the VAPI files of GTK need a GTK installation in your computer.
3) One thing that appears in the Ref manual but in a way that seems somewhat unclear is how to write a library in Vala. What are the syntactical elements that identify a given source file as being part of a given library.
VALA compiles C source code and after machine code using this C code. You could create C source code to compile libraries, but i hope in future releases help to build complex application in VALA without use C code..

valac -C vala_file.vala

I am excited at the prospect of testing out Vala.
VALA rocks!
regards.

TIA for your help.

---D