Re: [Vala] GLX (OpenGL Extension to the X Window System) binding!!

Hi Matías,

Le vendredi 15 août 2008 à 10:12 -0300, Matías De la Puente a écrit :
Hi Xavier

I have two ways to put the constants and the functions in the binding:

The first one is put the constants and the functions as they appear in
the header file, GLX_SOMETHING for constants and glXSomenthing for
functions. This can be done if I put this attibute in the namespace:

[CCode (lower_case_cprefix ="", cheader_filename="GL/glx.h")]   // No
prefix

The second one is the way you say, but for doing that i have to group
the constants because I can't put in the namespace attribute
lower_case_cprefix="GLX_" because the functions will appear like this:
GLX_glXSomething or GLX_Somenthing and if I put
lower_case_cprefix="glX" the constants will appear like this:
glXSOMETHING or glXGLX_SOMETHING.
The solution for this is to group de constants, but there's a lot of
constants and the documentation that I found don't tell me how can I
groups this contants (including the constants in GL and GLU).

So I decide to put all the constants and the functions like appear in
the documentation and will make easier to port code to vala.
Remember that the constansts and functions are define like this:
GLX.GLX_SOMETHING and GLX.glXSomenthing but you will use this
constants and functions like this: GLX_SOMETHING and glXSomething (of
course if you add "using GLX;" in the top of your vala code.

I understand, but it looks a bit out-of-place in Vala, where each common
prefix has disappeared into the namespaces (except for gl functions
apparently).

        Xav