From: Curtis Maloney <cmaloney cardgate net>
Subject: Re: [Vala] Generated code license?
To: noah_gibbs yahoo com
Cc: vala-list gnome org
Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 4:54 PM
Noah Gibbs wrote:
Hi!  I'm new to Vala, but impressed at what
you've done so far.

I was wondering...  The Vala compiler is LGPL'd.
Is there a particular
license on generated code?  Could I write non-GPL and
non-LGPL code
(public domain, say, or proprietary) using ValaC?

How is using Vala to create a work any different to using,
say, MS Word?
What the tool outputs is YOUR work, created from YOUR
input.

Are your spread sheets GPL, because you created them using
Gnumeric?

(IANAL, etc etc)

--
Curtis Maloney