Re: [Vala] [windows] valac fails to call gcc?

Having compiled the lates build (0.3.5) I must report that the problem still exists in the same form.
MihailNaydenov.

----- Original Message ----
From: Vlad Grecescu <b100dian gmail com>
To: Mihail Naydenov <mlists ymail com>
Cc: vala <vala-list gnome org>
Sent: Friday, August 1, 2008 9:18:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Vala] [windows] valac fails to call gcc?

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Mihail Naydenov <mlists ymail com> wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, and looks like you were right - valac does try to call cc instead of gcc, but --cc=gcc did not do the trick of chaging the compiler:
$ valac --cc=gcc -o hello hello.vala
: Invalid argument

Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
error: cc exited with status 1
Is there another way to change it even if I have to recompile valac?
10x!
MihailNajdenov

Well, I suppose there's this: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/vala-list/2008-March/msg00085.html

I think I should file it as a bug as it has been lost on the mailing list...