Re: [Vala] How to call a gst_object_ref in vala?

On Mon, April 28, 2008 12:55, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
I want to use a gst_bin_remove function [1], but I want the Element
that is removes not to be freed. For that I need to call
gst_object_ref before gst_bin_remove (See also [1]). How do I call
gst_object_ref in vala?

This essentially means that you want to keep a reference to the child
element. So just store it in a local variable or field and Vala will
increment the reference count automatically. It will currently just call
g_object_ref, not gst_object_ref, but that should work fine, we could
change that to gst_object_ref for GstObjects.

Juerg