Re: [Vala] Some problems with migration to Vala 0.3.1

For nullable types, I understand, it's me the bug...

2008/4/24 gege2061 <gege2061 redaction-developpez com>:
Hello,

 I develop a project and I have some problems following the update of Vala.

 First, with nullable types :

  - I can't use null with string, for example :
 public static void add_child (string! filename, string! xpath, string! name,
                                string content=null)

 Makes a warning :
 warning: `null' incompatible with parameter type `string`

  - ! operator is deprected ? How force no-null parameter ?

 Second, with length function :
 Xml.NodeSet* node = ...;

 nodes->length ();

 is transformed to c code :
 xmlXPathNodeSetGetLength (((gpointer) nodes));

 but xmlXPathNodeSetGetLength is macro extend to :
  ((ns) ? (ns)->nodeNr : 0)

 Makes an error :
 warning: dereferencing 'void *' pointer
 error: request for member 'nodeNr' in something not a structure or union

 Merci d'avance pour votre aide.
 --
 Nicolas Joseph

 Responsable de la rubrique GTK+ de developpez.com

 http://nicolasj.developpez.com