Re: [Vala] protected classes

On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 20:24 +0200, Ali Sabil wrote:
On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 7:42 PM, Jürg Billeter <j bitron ch> wrote:
 How exactly do you use private top-level classes at the moment? Do you
 have multiple top-level classes in one source file, some of them private
 and you access the private class from the public class?

Yes that's exactly it.

 Wouldn't private inner classes work fine, too, in that case?

Right, inner private classes should work fine for most cases, I just
don't really like them (I find it difficult to deal with deep nesting
code), but that's a matter of taste.

I understand the nesting issue, however, inner private classes make more
sense from a structural point of view. Maybe we could allow something
like that:

public class MyNamespace.MyPublicClass {
}

private (static) class MyNamespace.MyPublicClass.MyPrivateClass {
}

I.e. inner classes without nesting issues. Does this make sense?

Jürg