Re: [Vala] Vala and gettext

On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 14:14 +0200, Alejandro Serrano wrote:
Hi!
Will it be any support for using gettext with Vala? I've been able to
extract the strings from a Vala file using the C# mode for gettext, but

oh cool! i did not know this works. nice.

now I don't know how to compile the file with msgfmt to use it with my
program. If you could point me, I could try to write the bindings file.

Gettext is supported with vala. The glib-2.0 vapi defines the famous "_"
functions like in C. You'll have to do the exact same initialization as
in C. There is no known (to me) difference in using gettext in vala than
in C.

Raffaele