Re: [Vala] GTK+ Sample

Hi Steev

On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 19:31 -0500, Steev Klimaszewski wrote:
Hello, I am working on a package for Vala for Gentoo, and I am coming
across something weird, not sure if its the version of glib I am
running, or what, but I figured I would try the mailing list to find out.

Thanks for trying out Vala and preparing a package for Gentoo.

I copied and pasted the GTK+ sample from the site, at
http://vala.paldo.org/wiki/ValaGTKSample into gvim, and saved it

and I get the following output.

steev sigma vala % valac --pkg gtk+-2.0 sample3.vala
sample3.vala:2.7-2.10: error: The namespace name `Glib' could not be found

That's a typo in the sample, thanks for pointing it out. It should be
GLib (notice the upper case L) and is now fixed on the homepage.

** (valac:5599): CRITICAL **: vala_symbol_lookup: assertion
`VALA_IS_SYMBOL (self)' failed

That's a bug in the compiler but it only happens with misspelled
namespaces, I will correct that.

Regards,

Jürg