[Vala] First questions

Hi!

 Nice language, it looks very interesting ! I've tried to create with it
a simple program, but I found some problem/question.
 First, how the memory is managed? I suspect there is no garbage
collector. If it's true how can I release the objects? Ass I see no
explicit 'release' operation in the test programs.
 The second, more practical question of mine is how to specify to
include Gtk? I wrote a simple program:

using GLib;
using Gtk;

class HelloWorld {

        static int main (int argc, string[] argv) {
                var w = new Window();
                return 0;
        }

}

But I cant compile it with valac. No matter how I specify :
valac --vapidir=../vapi/ --pkg=Gtk --library=gtk-2.0.vala gtktest.vala

What's the expected format of --pkg=? and --library=? declarations?

BR
 Zsombor