Re: [Vala] GTK Bindings and Glib 2.6

Hi Everaldo

On Die, 2006-08-08 at 10:48 -0800, Everaldo Canuto wrote:
First let me say congratualtions for this nice and exiting project, it
is really a nice idea.

Thanks for your interest.

About GTK binding I am interest on help to improve it, have any
documentation about how generate vapi?

The VAPI generator hasn't been committed yet, I'm still working on it.
It already produces a good start for a complete GTK+ binding and I will
upload an experimental version really soon now. We will appreciate any
fixes then, though, thanks for your offer to help.

Well, I am playing with Nokia 770 that uses GLib and Gtk 2.6, you if
is possible to compile vala in glib 2.6 or have any diferences that
make it impossible?

Vala uses some GLib 2.10 specific functionality like g_object_ref_sink
(in Vala applications using GTK+), g_hash_table_ref (in valac itself and
other Vala applications using GHashTable), and maybe more. It shouldn't
be that difficult to backport.

Jürg
--
Juerg Billeter <j bitron ch>