[Vala] Getting the picture

I have been toying with gob2 in the past for generating C code for gobjects. I can't tell how exactly Vala compares to gob2, but it seems that the main difference is that Vala is a complete language, where gob2 had to fall back to inline C code quite often. Can you elaborate?

One of my pet-projects-never-to-become-reality is a language completely based on the gobject/gtype system, where no intermediate C code is required. Just use runtime creation of the gobjects. Is this approach out of the question for Vala?

Anyway, I'm exited about Vala, it looks really cool.

Cheers,
Mikkel