Re: [Vala] Dependency scanner

On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 09:55 -0400, Michael Terry wrote:

> I started looking into this and have a very rough draft of a program to
> do it (only supports 'using' statements so far, as I haven't worked on
> namespace prefix scanning yet).

I have continued to work on this and have a first version available in
Launchpad [1].  It works pretty well.

I think it would be great if valac was eventually able to handle
dependencies automatically and not need any --pkg arguments (except to
resolve certain conflicts like Gtk 2.0 and 3.0).  Is that a future you
all are interested in?

Even if not, is there enough interest in this dependency scanner tool
that it could one day at least ship alongside valac?

Else I can continue hacking on it as an unrelated-to-valac tool.  Which
is fine, just not as broadly useful as the above.

[1] https://launchpad.net/vala-dep-scanner
-mt