[Utopia] Adding utf8 mount option when mounting vfat removable devices on UTF-8 systems

When a removable device, which is used also in Windows and other Linux
systems, using vfat is mounted automatically by Gnome on my UTF-8
Mandriva system, all special characters are shown incorrectly, because
other OSes, especially Windows, use ISO8859-15. IIRC even the kernel
warns that UTF-8 is not a recommended character set for vfat.

When the same device is mounted automatically by KDE, the utf8 mount
option is used, and all characters are shown correctly. Should not gnome-
volume-manager be doing the same on vfat removable devices when the local
system's locale is UTF-8? Or is there at least somewhere a configuration
file where I can force it to add this option for such devices?

--
Frederik Himpe