Re: [Utopia] [patch] use gnome-mount and small fixes for gnome-vfs

On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 16:16 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:

>  4. Change the defaults in the gconf schema that determines whether
>     internal hard disks are shown or not. This is now sane as gnome-
>     mount is able to mount the internal drives in the default HAL
>     configuration.

I'm not sure about this, if this is only gonna work for people using
gnome-mount. Also, wasn't there lots of discussions about security
issues around this?

> Btw, I couldn't build without ripping out Werror - maybe it's just my
> compiler or version of glib/gtk+/gnome libraries, maybe not. I'm on
> Fedora Rawhide ppc btw.

Hmmm? What error did you get?

> Also, nautilus and the gnomevfs filechooser backend still needs fixing
> as they don't honor the contract (we introduced it in 2.12 I think, see
> libgnomevfs/gnome-vfs-volume-ops.c:mount_umount_thread() - search for
> 'contract'). This is bad as gnome-mount now displays error dialogs on
> it's own but both Nautilus and the file chooser shows an empty dialog.
> Which looks bad. Btw, these issues have to be resolved even without this
> patch being applied.

I'm fixing this for nautilus.

> There are no changes to any strings in this patch to gnome-vfs. OK to
> commit?

I commited it (except the default change) to make sure it ends up in
todays release.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a superhumanly strong chivalrous Green Beret from the 'hood. She's a
mistrustful junkie research scientist with a birthmark shaped like Liberty's
torch. They fight crime!