[Utopia] Re: [Gnome-Power-Devel] Power Manager : Multiple Batteries

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 19:56 +0200, Jaap Haitsma wrote:
> David Nielsen wrote:
> >>1. Should the main battery icon display a "virtual" battery with the
> >>level of the average of the batteries, or just the lowest battery?
> >

> > I like the idea of batching together batteries, it seems logical to just
> > treat them as one source of power.

Agree. Thats what I instinctively thought.

> >>2. Should the tooltip remaining time be displayed like so:
> >>------------------------
> >>Laptop battery #1 charging (60%)
> >>14 minutes until charged
> >>Laptop battery #2 charged (60%)
> >>1 hour 20 remaining
> >>------------------------
> >
> > Why not just have
> > --------------------------
> > Battery time left:
> > 1 hour 20 min
> > --------------------------

Because it doesn't tell you how long until you are completely full (or
is this not important?)

> > And if you are plugged in to a power outlet of course we just display a
> > message that says we are plugged in or charging (which ever would be the
> > case).
> I agree. Just keep it as simple as possible. If you want very detailed
> info like what kind of batteries, type of wireless mouse etc. etc., I
> would introduce a kind of Status menu item which shows all the detailed
> info.

This has come up before - to view specifics like serial number of
batteries and things like that, but I'm undecided.

> I'm not sure if you would want that, because in principle people
> don't care which kind of batteries and how many they have. People only
> want to know if they are charged and how much time they can still use them.

Thanks Jaap,

Richard.

--
http://www.hughsie.com/PUBLIC-KEY