Re: [Utopia] Re: Debian/Ubuntu bug fixes for gnome-volume-manager

Hi Jeffrey!

Jeffrey Stedfast [2005-07-05 11:55 -0400]:
> On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 18:05 +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> > 01_fix_nonmountable_media.patch:
> >   - Fix a regression of 1.3.2, it does not autoplay audio CDs any
> >     more. Do not require that a device is mountable for exercising the
> >     removable media policy.
> >   - This seems highly important to get upstream.
>
> not quite the right fix because it breaks ipods (sorta - in that it will
> try to mount /dev/sda1 inside gvm_media_changed which will always fail)
> which is the reason I added the mountable check to the if-statement in
> hal_device_added(). However my fix is obviously wrong too :)
>
> I've fixed this a different way and am about to commit it

Thanks; I don't have an iPod to test it with...

> > 03_kernel_hint.patch:
> sure, looks fine to me.

Thanks. :-)

> > 04_reconnect_on_dbus_exit.patch:
> >   - Reconnect to dbus after restarting dbus and hal, instead of just
> >     crashing.
> >   - Important in package-based system when you want to continue to use
> >     your Gnome session while doing a system upgrade.
>
> concerned that this is the patch that is causing bugzilla to get flooded
> with bug reports around dbus upgrades on ubuntu systems

Well, actually the bugs came from the time when we didn't have that
patch yet since then g-v-m just crashed on dbus restarts. But as we
already discussed in the other mail, if that is not a feature that
should generally be on, and you think that making it a configure time
option is too complicated, then I'm fine with maintaining it on my
own.

> > 05_mount_at_start.patch:
> >   - Do not mount devices at g-v-m start if g-v-properties configured
> >     to not mount devices automatically.
>
> would have been nicer if the coding style matched gvm and also didn't
> use c99/c++ declare-variables-on-use tactics but the logic seems ok.
> I'll fix it up and commit it.

Sorry, thanks.

> > 07_automount_enabled_hint.patch:
> >   - Do not mount a device if storage.automount_enabled_hint == false
> >     on the volume or drive.
> >   - This is not really a bug fix, but rather an enhancement, see
> >     http://mail.gnome.org/archives/utopia-list/2004-November/msg00003.html
> >     and Gnome bug #155636.
>
> +                       if (!gvm_get_automount_enabled_hint (udi))
> +                           gvm_device_mount (udi, device, NULL);
> +                       else
> +                           dbg("%s has storage.automount_enabled_hint == false, not mounting\n", udi);
>                         mounted_volumes_policy_queue = g_slist_append (mounted_volumes_policy_queue, g_strdup (udi));
>
> I don't think we want to add the udi to the policy_queue if we don't
> actually mount it.

Right, that wasn't intended. I don't think that it actually makes any
difference, though.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Martin
--