Re: [Utopia] gnome-vfs patch, take one

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 17:14 -0400, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> Worked almost perfectly for me.  One problem I am having is that I lose
> my kudzu mounts:
>
> /dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf,iso9660
> noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
> /dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto
> noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
>
> They show up in fstab but not in nautilus.  Just wondering if you might
> have a clue as to why this would be.

Oh, that's a feature really! The idea is, and I should have written that
along with the patch, only to show the actual volumes that is mounted. I
think this is sound because g-v-m will automount media.

So if you put in a disc in your optical drive it will show up given you
installed the update-fstab.sh callout and have configured udev correctly
[1] - note that floppy disks aren't really supported yet.

Cheers,
David

[1] : There is, or were at least, an issue with udev on fc-devel; you
have to run udevstart or something manually to create all the nodes. See
RH bug #120605 for details.