Re: [Utopia] Gnome-volume-manager not mounting cdrom

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 16:40 -0400, Robert Love wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 16:36 -0400, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
>
> > This is moved from the hal list.  HAL and DBUS *are* working.  GVM does
> > a great job of mounting my usbkey.  However, it seems to ignore my
> > cdrom.  All options are enabled in gnome-volume-properties.  I've tried
> > putting my cdrom in fstab as both "/dev/hdc" and "/dev/cdroms/cdrom0",
> > and neither way does it work.  Upon cd insertion, hal detects it and
> > dbus sends out the message, gvm just doesn't repsond.  Where do I start?
>
> First, make sure you have the latest source from CVS.  Then, define
> GVM_DEBUG in src/manager.c if it not already.  Recompile.  Run g-v-m
> from the command line so you can see the debug messages.
>
> Any errors when you insert the CD ?  If g-v-m is indeed seeing the HAL
> message, you ought to see something.

I just had this very same problem :-). For HAL CVS, you'll need g-v-m
0.9.4 or later as some HAL API changed. There's no tarballs for any
release later than 0.9.2 at

 http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-volume-manager/0.9/

yet, so you might want to bother Robert for one. According to the
ChangeLog the latest release is 0.9.5 and that works just fine with HAL
CVS.

Hope this helps,
David