[Utopia] X failure after utopia install

Thought it was time to delurk and install.

I used sjoerk's packages and installed udev, gnome-volume-manager,
dbus, hal and all the associated stuff (roughly using Jono's guide on
freedesktop.org)

udev recommended a reboot, so when I got home from work I rebooted. Now
I have no X. I read a howto on udev and nvidia, and so have set up my
box to install the relevant nodes on bootup and install the nvidia
driver, as it was said to resolve the problem.

However, I still have 2 issues:

1. XFree still does not work - it fails to load GLcore, pex5 and xie and
just dies :(
2. I now get a load of 'Unknown symbol' errors on bootup for various
devices, which I'm fairly sure were not there before.

Is anybody able to shed any light on these problems? If you want any log
files, just ask.

--
Ben Thorp
ben thorp jedimoose org