Re: [Utopia] Media/Device Type Spec???

On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 10:29 -0500, Jerry Haltom wrote:
> > Not sure I understand - why would one .desktop need different exec lines
> > for the device type its handling?
> >
> > If, say, gtkam uses a HAL id, then the DeviceExec would always
> > be /usr/bin/gtkam %H
> >
> > If Nautilus mounts URIs, then it would always be /usr/bin/nautilus %U
> >
> > If Sane handles UNIX device files, it would be /usr/bin/sane-gtk %d
>
> But what if something handles BOTH URIs and Unix device files?

Pick one.

If a single application is intended to handle two totally different
types of devices using two totally different device identification
methods, then use two .desktop files, just like we have multiple non-
menu-entry .desktop files now for the new MIME system.

And as for your second mail, that's kind of obvious - just put whatever
command you need in the entry.  If you need /usr/bin/foo --device %d,
fine, that's the whole point of specifying an explicit DeviceExec entry
versus just tagging the device ID onto the end of the normal Exec
entry...

AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.