Re: [Utopia] Media/Device Type Spec???

On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 09:26 -0500, Jerry Haltom wrote:
> > > The .desktop file has a DeviceExec= line, accepting various substitution
> > > values. %d = Unix device file, %u = HAL udi. Or other stuff.
>
> That one Exec command would have to, sometimes, handle %s, and sometimes
> %d or %u. I don't see how to fit that in.

Not sure I understand - why would one .desktop need different exec lines
for the device type its handling?

If, say, gtkam uses a HAL id, then the DeviceExec would always
be /usr/bin/gtkam %H

If Nautilus mounts URIs, then it would always be /usr/bin/nautilus %U

If Sane handles UNIX device files, it would be /usr/bin/sane-gtk %d