[Utopia] Re: [patch] one-to-many HAL integration

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 09:08 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 18:52, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> > >
> > > What happened to this, did it go in, should it? Is this the latest
> > > version?
> >
> > Looking at CVS it seems that it never got in.  I got pulled in other
> > directions so I never noticed though the crasher bug was fixed in
> > Nautilus.
>
> The gnome-vfs-hal-mounts.c parts doesn't seem to apply anymore though.
>
> Also, the gnome-vfs-volume-ops.c parts means we have to link gnome-vfs
> to libhal. I had hoped we could keep that dependency to the vfs daemon,
> to decrease the number of libraries every app links to. (especially the
> number of unstable libs.)

Perhaps we should punt it for now.  The code that is currently in CVS
works fine in one-to-one mode and forms the basis for future migration
for one-to-many once we can work out the issues.  I personally would
like to see talk on a better UI in Nautilus for representing one to many
user interactions.  Time is an issue and while one to many is a nice
feature I think we can live without for the short term.

--
John (J5) Palmieri
Associate Software Engineer