Re: [Utopia] is gmv only ment for mountable stuff?

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 09:40 +0000, Kristof Vansant wrote:
> I see that hald also detects network devices.
> I was thinking it could be interresting to listen for plugin of a usb
> network device.

It might make sense at some point to expand g-v-m (or add another policy
piece) to do more than just volume management, yeah.  But for now it
only does volumes.

> When one is plugged in gnome-system-tools or some other program is
> called to configure the device and enable it. (I was thinking about
> g-s-t because it is distro independend)

Well, g-s-t could listen for those HAL events today and come up whenever
a new network device is plugged in through the use of HAL callouts.
That'd also alleviate the need to have another daemon (or increasing
"bloat" in g-v-m).  I've toyed around with a couple callouts which bring
up the YaST printer configurator when a USB printer is plugged in on
SUSE.

Joe