[Usability] [Mutter] Indicator of interest

!! This is _NO_ "please put a button here"/"please bring back that taskbar"-request !!

Dear awesome developers,

I have switched from KDE4 to Gnome 3, because I absolutely love it for its usability! Its lack of visual noise is great for my attention span, like no other DE has managed, in terms of distraction.

 There is however one thing that, for me, would completely floor it, in terms of usability and make it the best desktop metaphor, ever made...

I find minimizing (actually pushing back a window) with the middle mouse button a stroke of genius, but the problem is that when I compare it to an actual physical desk, is that I can't see some kind of 2,5/3D-ish stack effect. So when I suspend the desktop and come back later; I can't see _IF_ there are window(s) underneath/behind/uncompozited, unless I 'exposé' with the activity button, in case I forgot what I was working on...

So in order not to waste screen real-estate, I made a quick 'sketch' of a possible non-intrusive and extremely useful indicator of 'paper stacking' on the desktop:
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8537/windowstackideaformutte.png

This is what I _THINK_ will absolutely nail the desktop experience in Gnome3.

-Vincent Weber