[Usability] Important suggestion

Hey (developers),
For a start, I would like to say that I really like Gnome 3 and all the efforts you have put into it, keep going.
Here is my suggestion which I would really want to be implemented in the next update/release or at least have an extension made for it.
The suggestion is:

Make it so that when a user types anything while on desktop ,without anything selected, it opens the  activities menu and inserts whatever he/she typed on the desktop into the search field.
Please make this transition seamless. So the second I start typing on the desktop my charectors that I have already typed and am typing are immediately being inserted into the Activites search with the Activities menu open.
This idea isn't exactly original as this works on my blackberry as well and I thought it would be amazing if it worked in gnome since blackberry os and gnome 3 are actually very similar in design.
Just to clarify, the activites menu is the main menu triggered by the hot corner on top left by default.
Please make this idea into reality.
For further clarification you can email me back (strnm live com)

Bye,
Zeerak