Re: [Usability] Google Code-In 2011: Tasks wanted!

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Ross Burton <ross burtonini com> wrote:
> On 28 October 2011 10:25, Andika Triwidada <andika gmail com> wrote:
>> Just a very rough idea: will it be a suitable task to "check
>> dialog/windows/theme/etc
>> dimension against netbook"? one task per application. Participant only need to
>> list which app and which dialog/window/etc is unusable/hard to use on netbook
>> having resolution 800x480 or so. Test can be done under VM with guest window
>> resized to that resolution number.
>
> The smallest netbook will have 1024x600, FYI.  At least I've never
> come across anything smaller that is still considered a netbook.
>
> Ross

Hi Ross,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Netbooks says many netbooks has
only 800x480. But I think this number is 'negotiable', maybe for 2011 we choose
to support only 1024x600+?

Back to main topic, do you consider that 'checking apps dimension
usability' above
suitable for GNOME's Google Code-in task? I will try to write more complete
task definition if my basic idea is considered worthy enough.

Regards,
andika