[Usability] Zooming in HIG3

Hi,

I was just taking a look at the HIG3, and found something which
disturbed me in the zooming document:
http://live.gnome.org/UsabilityProject/HIG3/Zooming

Specifically, the section:

"To zoom in or out of the image using the mouse, move the mouse pointer
to the area of the image on which you wish to zoom. Then:

      * Move the scrollwheel upwards to zoom in
      * Rotate the scrollwheel downwards to zoom out"

This may be a common idiom in (arguably broken) image viewers, but it
presents an inconsistent user interface for those with the increasingly
common kind of touch-pad which has built in horizontal as well as
vertical scrolling.

Call me nuts for thinking that the "scroll" wheel on the mouse should by
default "scroll" your document, not zoom it.

For most of the applications I use in gnome, "Ctrl + Scroll-wheel" is
the standard short-cut for zooming with the mouse, with "Shift +
Scroll-wheel" used to emulate a horizontal scroll for input devices
without such hardware.

Just to note.. gimp uses the bindings I describe, with

unmodified scroll -> vertical scroll
shift + scroll    -> horizontal scroll
ctrl + scroll     -> zoom

Regards,