Re: [Usability] Yelp Bookmarks Dialog

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 4:07 PM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm working on Yelp's bookmarks dialog, and I'd like some
> input. [...]
>
> [...] You can't add a bookmark, short of going to a page
> and bookmarking it. You can't edit or duplicate a bookmark.
> And you can't reorder bookmarks.

What about renaming a bookmark and going to a bookmark ? Maybe you are
suggesting it won't be possible to go to a bookmark from the dialog,
only from the Bookmarks menu, while clicking on the bookmark name in
the dialog will edit it?

[...]
> And thinking outside the pattern, should there even be a
> bookmarks editor dialog at all? Or should Yelp just allow
> you to remove a bookmark to the page you're looking at?

It might be better without an editor. It's 2 extra clicks for every
bookmark removed -- activate bookmarks menu, select bookmark from the
menu, select "remove" from the menu (or from the tool bar) -- compared
to with the editor -- activate bookmarks menu (once), select Edit
Bookmarks (once), select bookmark, press Remove, close editor (once).
But also renaming a bookmark will have to be done by removing it and
adding one with a new name.