Re: [Usability] How does GNOME 3 compare to Windows 8?

Le samedi 17 décembre 2011 à 20:48 +0100, Szabó Gergely a écrit :
> On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 02:58:40PM +0100, Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
> > > Gnome3, on the other hand, has completely abandoned its traditional Linux
> > > desktop user and developer base (a certain Linus springs to the lips), aiming
> > > to be something for mobile devices.
> > This is simply wrong, please stop spreading this idea. The Shell was
> > designed with traditional desktops in mind, even if it's now being
> > adapted with some success to work with touch screens.
>
> I'm spreading my experience, not ideas.
Constructively sharing your experience is fine, but that's not what you
were doing. You were stating that GNOME *aimed* only at mobile devices,
and this is simply not true. You can say you feel the UI isn't well
designed for desktops, and you'd need to argue on that, but that's a
different thing.

Regards