Re: [Usability] Tab Glow States

On 16/09/10 09:34, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> Looking at what synchronous and asynchronous usually mean regarding
> communication, I consider this choice of term troublesome. What exactly
> is synchronous about a notification that can be left sitting there all
> day?

The problem that I see with having different states according to urgency
is that urgency and importance of the notification are subjective.

Just as an example, I don't want to be notified of most emails but some
are extremely important for me and would like to be able to act on them
as soon as possible.

> I think animations should be avoided for the first case. Too high risk
> of being annoying for things that are not important enough.

Could it be that pulsing tabs have the risk of becoming the new <blink>
tag, and therefore animations should be avoided completely?

Felipe