Re: [Usability] Cross-Desktop UI Pattern Library

On 28 Sep 2010, at 16:58, Kirk Bridger wrote:

> Thanks Calum - I saw that last week sometime and it has given me pause.  I'm working through these questions in my work and I'm starting to refine my proposal.  Pattern library shouldn't really be the "top-level" of the hierarchy as I had suggested.
>
> I'd like some more time to refine things and come back with something a little more thought out.  Are we working with any deadlines or milestones that I should plan around?

Nothing that formal yet (unfortunately).  I think we'd hoped to have a solid set of patterns ready to coincide with the 3.0 release, but we don't have a list of what those are yet.  And at this stage, given available resources, I certainly wouldn't expect us to have anything that you might consider a usable replacement for the 2.x HIG in place until 3.2 at the earliest.

I've been tied up with other stuff for the past few weeks, but I'm hoping to turn my attention back to pattern/HIG stuff fairly imminently.

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Oracle Corporation Ireland Ltd.
mailto:calum benson oracle com         Solaris Desktop Team

Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Oracle Corp.