Re: [Usability] Treatment for Minimized Windows on GNOME Shell

On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 21:55 +0800, Allan Caeg wrote:
> We really have to define the treatment for minimized windows. Thought
> there's a discussion going on regarding the possibility of ditching
> the minimize window feature, we'll have to define this unless the
> minimize feature is gone for real.

I guess the idea regarding ditching minimization is to get rid of an
action and a state, to instead rely on workspaces, if there's a real
need to get a window out of view without closing it?

Getting rid of an entire concept has its charm.

Otherwise, if dragging the titlebar of a window towards the top edge of
the screen maximizes it, dragging it towards the bottom (or sides) could
minimize it to an alway-on-top label attached to the edge.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/