[Usability] Ideas for a term paper on usability

Hello,
my name is Jendrik and I'm a computer science and psychology student from Germany. In one course this semester I have to prepare a term paper about usability. Since I would like my work to be useful and I'm a fan of GNOME I figured I could maybe help the Usability Project. Do you have a task that I could work on? It shouldn't be anything too big and should enable me to write an essay of approximately 12 pages about it.

Thanks,
Jendrik