Re: [Usability] User Experience Advocates

On 13 May 2010, at 14:11, Frederik Nnaji wrote:

> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 14:11, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
>> What do people think of this idea? How could we make it happen?

This is pretty much what the GNOME Usability Project was supposed to do from the start, so in that sense it's not a new idea.  We never managed to gain much traction back then, though, so if we can have another go at making it work, I'm all for it.

> i think the maintainer of project "foo" on launchpad could appoint someone
> he knows to help them in this manner, by assigning him/her to the position
> of "User Experience Manager" or some nicer name.

AIUI Allan's suggestion is nothing to do with Launchpad or Ubuntu (even though the discussion happened at UDS); it would be a GNOME-wide initiative.

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Oracle Corporation, Ireland
mailto:calum benson oracle com         Solaris Desktop Team

Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Oracle Corp.