Re: [Usability] How to make GNOME better for Netbooks?

On 10 Mar 2010, at 10:32, Valent Turkovic wrote:

> Do you have some examples and guidelines how to customize GNOME for Netbooks?

If you want some ideas for how to customize GNOME to work on a netbook, it's probably easiest just to try some of the netbook-oriented distros out there, like the Ubuntu Netbook Remix, to see what they do.

We also need to encourage developers to write applications that will adapt better to running on netbooks and other non-desktop devices.  This will certainly be one of the themes of the new GNOME Human Interface Guidelines, on which we're just getting started.

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Sun Microsystems Ireland
mailto:calum benson sun com            OpenSolaris Desktop Team