Re: [Usability] On Ctrl+tab

Op vrijdag 15-01-2010 om 08:27 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Jud Craft:

> Firefox was never called a GNOME app, either -- it's a cross-platform
> app that uses GTK.

I'm well aware of that.

>   It's not Firefox's fault that GNOME distros always
> include a copy of it.

Most Mac and Win installations _don't_ include a copy of it and still it
tries to fit into the environment it's running on.

> If GNOME used Ctrl-Shift-X for Copy, we'd all blame GNOME for being
> pointlessly arbitrary.

It doesn't, so I don't get the point your making here.

> The real problem here is the conflict with Ctrl-Tab for keyboard
> navigation, not blaming applications for disobeying GNOME conventions.

With regard to keyboard navigation conventions, there is an endless list
of conflicts between different platforms. There is no way to please
everyone.

Just my 2 cents,

--
Reinout van Schouwen