Re: [Usability] New Paradigm of Computing for GNOME 3.0

Hi All!

Thanks for the ideas. To be clear to everyone, I never proposed the removal of access to files through a file manager. You're right. On the desktop, there's a number of reasons why the file manager should be available. Actually, I believe that the file manager should also be visible on the iPhone and iPad. It's nice if things work smoothly without needing a file manager, but there are some instances when we need one.

I agree with Allan Day's idea of a document manager. Perhaps, this is one of the things operating systems need. It's nice that, by default, distros have folders like "Documents", "Templates", "Music", etc. However, like what Ian said, I think it would be better if the view of the file manager is more fit for the nature of files inside a certain folder in general and not just for documents. Actually, I know people who play music on the file browser. They look for their songs on the file browser then double click them to play them on the media player. Personally, I also don't use an image browser. I view them all on nautilus.

What can you suggest? :)

Regards,
Allan (Caeg)