Re: [Usability] Deja Dup UI Review

On 21 April 2010 06:07, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
> It seems likely that a profile creation/first run wizard will be
> required, so it might be nice to start thinking about the steps required
> for that.

The thing is, there is a first-time run wizard, when you press either
Restore or Backup buttons the first time.  It guides you through
setting where to backup and what to backup (defaulting to $HOME).  Or
if you are restoring, guides you through where your backup files are
and where you want them to be put.

That's partly why I said I wasn't sure about Matthias's first point
about needing such a wizard.  Maybe he was expecting it to pop up
before the main UI did.
-mt