Re: [Usability] How to make GNOME better for Netbooks?

On 25/03/2010 12:19, Richard Gaskin wrote:

I've been itching to contribute to this project since I first joined
this list, and while spare time is rare perhaps I can assist with tech
editing the netbook section of the new HIG as it comes together.

What would be the best way for me to contribute to that?

There's not a great deal to contribute to just yet, although you're welcome to comment on our rough kickoff notes at <http://live.gnome.org/UsabilityProject/HIG/ThreeZero>.

When we're a little further down the road there will undoubtedly be chapter outlines, UI patterns and suchlike to review, and that will probably be a good opportunity for more people to get involved.

(Hopefully you all understand that we can't just invite everyone who's interested onto the core team of HIG writers and designers; we'd never produce anything. But by providing useful and knowledgable feedback when the time comes, people stand a better chance of being invited to join in future if and when new blood is required...)

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Oracle Corporation, Ireland
mailto:calum.benson at oracle.com      Solaris Desktop Group

Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Oracle Corp.