[Usability] Logs, Users and Groups

I wanted to point out how nondescript the names of logs and groups are.
A new user can't really benefit from groups in an intuitive manner, and
one of the biggest barriers to intuitive group use is that a lot of
people don't know what root, daemon, bin, sys, adm, tty, disk, lp, mail,
news, etc. are.

Also, I noticed the other day that my entire recent documents list in
gedit were files I had open. Not useful :(. It's getting a bit itchy.