Re: [Usability] HIG: File New/Open/Quit, etc.

I sent it to Murray but it have to be sent to the mailing-list... (a mistake)

HI,

Yes, i think it could be good to do a list of thing that document-based applications have to provide. You will be able to see what apps provide it or not.

I think you could start some "ui-guide" that give the features an application have to provide. I have some ideas too, but i think the reflection have to be fixed onto a page visible by who want to make a ui. So i you find the right place, i think some people will complete it with you (at least me :)).

With a such guide, it would be easier to make ui and it would be a benefit for the developpers, they could win some time in the development if the great lines of the ui are already made.

Bye.

Anthony

Murray Cumming a écrit :
I am surprised that nobody has an opinion about this. I was worried
about bike-shedding.