Re: [Usability] Gtk+ Font Dialog improvements

2009/7/21 Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi gmail com>:
> Er...I thought Gentium was considered a humanist font? That's definitely a
> serif font.

:-P
What part of "people like me who don't know a lot about typefaces"
didn't you get?  ;-)

I got all my knowledge about sans-serif classes at the Wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sans-serif#Classification

My point was not to create a perfect taxonomy of typefaces in the
dialog, but some kind of "if you select this, you can choose from a
number of similar typefaces " option. This is a goal-oriented
interface for people who can't tell apart one typeface from another,
much less by name.