Re: [Usability] Better Visual Cues in Nautilus Tree View

When you browse Nautilus Tree View, there is no visual indication
Actually, it's worse than i thought: this behavior can be seen not only
in side panel Tree View but also in main panel List View

I believe the reason is that finding out if a folder contains subfolders
can be very slow on remote links, so it is done on demand.  IIRC,
Windows XP does this too.
Yes Windows does this too, but ONLY on remote links. Which is fair
enough. This is probably an example of Unix legacy (when almost
everything was remote) vs Usability in today's context. My belief is that 99% of home PC users (i am not talking about Linux only) have no remote links.

IIRC (and I could be wrong, it's been years), Windows shows
the expander symbol for all folders, but after you click the
expander and it determines there are no subfolders, it just
removes the expander symbol.
You have forgotten - on local drives Windows does the following:
First it lists all folders with expander.
As soon as the whole list is shown it checks each folder for subfolder
and removes expander when none subfolder found. You can see it for a split second on older systems.

What Windows also does really well is unfold a subtree when you click on the folder name. Which is logical and intuitive - if i click on the folder i want to know all about it: the files and subs. Clicking on the expander only expands the tree which is just fine.

to look at.  On the other hand, my recollection of Windows'
behavior could be completely overlooked, leaving the user
waiting for something that will never happen.
I do not understand what you are trying to say here. Does windows leave the user waiting? I am confused and very curious.

Cheers,
Konstantin