Re: [Usability] New Tab Widget

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009, Mackenzie Morgan wrote:

On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 00:10 +1100, Andy Owen wrote:
On a more related note, people seem to be fairly protective of vertical
resolution, so it might be a bit of an uphill battle to include this
slider. I realise this is on your list of questions/problems, but I
think it is quite a significant point (with widescreen laptops being the
norm, and netbooks with bad vertical resolution being common)

Someone mentioned a sidebar in Gedit.  Perhaps we could give "tabs on
top" and "tabs on left" options?  Those with widescreen would love
on-left, while 4:3 screens can do either comfortably.

Definitely something to look into.  I've found that with the Tree Style Tab
extension for Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5890) I
can actually deal with all the tabs I have open at any given time.
XChat-GNOME does a similar thing, using a treeview for separate channels that
are tabs in XChat, and again it's far more comfortable when there are a lot
of them.
--
Adam Lopresto
http://cec.wustl.edu/~adam/

I don't mind if my drinking days are over, as long as I get to keep my
drinking nights.
  --Randal Schwartz