Re: [Usability] Gnome Research - Sociological Surveys

On Friday 17 April 2009 5:05:46 pm Florian Ludwig wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 23:11 +0300, Anton Kerezov wrote:
> > How do you switch between the windows?
> There is some function builtin metacity, where you hover the window with
> the mouse and it becomes active, maybe add this option - i dont have any
> idea if this is used widely. Maybe replace "a compiz plugin" with
> "other" as there are a lot of other way with non gnome tools.

Now you're talking about focus method.  There's focus follows mouse and click
to focus offered by Metacity.

Kwin gets more in-depth (to my great confusion--Celeste was there when I
learned this, she'll vouch) with "focus under mouse" (still not sure on the
difference between this and "focus follows mouse" though I suspect that it
changes how popups behave) and "focus strictly under mouse" (the desktop can
gain focus when the mouse is moved off a window).

However, I was guessing that the question originally meant:
- Taskbar
- Alt+Tab
- Move unwanted windows to different workspaces to get them out of the way

etc.

> > I can't possibly type all them, right? Also would need help with the
> > education level because I'm not very familiar with the English terms.
> suggestions:
> [ ] master degree
> [ ] PhD
> [ ] apprenticeship
> Note:
> Comparing education on an international scale is a science on its own.
> I'm not a native speaker so its more a guess :)

Maybe:
- Secondary school / high school
- Trade / vocational school
- Some university