[Usability] Feedback and information requested - GnomeShell personas

Hi there,

In an effort to contribute to the usability side of things on the GnomeShell, I've been putting some thoughts together on personas related to the project.

My goal here is to look at whether or not we can cook up some very quick personas to help with the development of the GnomeShell project. My largest barrier at this point is a lack of understanding related to the feature itself and the problem(s) that will be addressed by the new software.

I've been putting my thoughts and ideas here related to this project:

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Personas

I was hoping I could get a little feedback on some of my comments on the wiki page. I wasn't able to attend the hackfest so perhaps there is an element of catchup here on my part. But if the people developing the GnomeShell could take a quick gander, check out the conclusions/ideas I've put forward there, and either respond with comments or leave them on the wiki, I'd really appreciate it.

I'd like to try to get some high level personas together at least, but also then parlay that knowledge into some usability testing scenarios, participants, etc.

Thanks for any info, ideas, suggestions, comments, or questions you may have!

Kirk Bridger

P.S. I've cc'd the usability mailing list here as I started this conversation on the list in a separate thread.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/usability/2008-November/msg00028.html