Re: [Usability] New Sound Preferences and Volume Control

Frederic Peters wrote:
Hello William, hello the usability team,

We are still early in the 2.25 release cycle and I think this is the
right time to discuss the future of the Sound Preferences and Volume
Control, in a PulseAudio world.

I had a quick look through usability-list archives and didn't find the subject discussed, please correct me if I missed a discussion;
and please do note my comments are based on a snapshot I built
yesterday.

Anyway, I'll dive into the matter and point everyone to the currently
developed gnome-volume-control (hosted in gnome-media/ repository).
Here is how it looks like:

  http://www.0d.be/captures/sound-prefs-pane-4.png
Minor icon usage nitpick from a artist. What purpose does the Sound and Media category icon (applications-multimedia) serve in this dialog exactly? Just wanting to make sure that it's not a "let's put a image in there to make it look a bit more cute" situation.
- Andreas