Re: [Usability] inability to experiment

2008/5/23 Matthew Nuzum <newz bearfruit org>:
> There is a GNOME usability philosophy that I disagree with. When I
> want to change a setting there is no easy or consistent way to undo my
> change.
[...]
> This is a philosophy carried throughout GNOME so there are a ton of
> good examples:

There are actually "bad" examples too. The one I know without looking
is the panel launcher properties dialog. It has instant-apply free
edit fields and there is  a button that reverts the fields to the
state where they were when you opened the dialog.

With proper dialog design (code-wise) I could imagine that adding such
functionality would not be too taxing everywhere.

Bugzilla seems to be down right now, but the launcher dialog should
probably be mentioned in the bug Calumn pointed to...

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi